Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The BLT Desire

Let me start off by stating that I find the BLT to be one of mankind's greatest achievements. The combination of the bacon, with the toasted bread, and the crunchy lettuce. Mmmm.

As I stumbled into my kitchen this morning, I discovered that I had cooked a pound of bacon last night, and promptly forgotten about it. This, of course, started the desire for the BLT. I got out the bacon, the mustard, mayonnaise, cheese, lettu...wait. Where's the lettuce? We're out of lettuce. Okay, I'll survive. Now to just toast the bread.....where's the bread? We're out of bread.

Naturally, this upset me slightly more than the lettuce. You can have a BT, but without bread?! Eh, not so much. However, the BLT madness had struck. I. Needed. Bacon.

First, I placed a strip of bacon on the plate. Then I would cut off a piece of cheese and place it on the bacon. After that, I added a mustard / mayonnaise mixture to the top. Then I ate it. I refer to it as an "orgy in my mouth."

All in all, it was satisfying enough to rid me of my BLT desire, but not enough to replace the classics. However, clean up was a mess, and I am wiping off the counter I move a bag.....full of bread.


0 comments: